Custom Design Small Pools
Outdoor living is synonymous with the Australian lifestyle but as block sizes become smaller and the family home is occupies a greater amount of space, there is very little room remaining for a conventional swimming pool. Many people believe they are unable to build a swimming pool, as they simply don’t have the room. Due to the flexibility in design of a pre-engineered steel pool, Albatross Pools can custom design a plunge pool to make the most of the limited area you have available.
A plunge pool is a custom-designed swimming pool engineered to fit seamlessly into the confines of a limited outdoor space. With considered holistic approach, a plunge pool can be a pleasing aesthetic addition to your garden creating a tranquil and serene feature, or a plunge pool can also be a point of entertainment providing a fun place for escape and relaxation for your family and friends. Best of all, due to the compact nature of the a plunge pool, they are extremely easy and low cost to maintain and heat year round.
Top Five Benefits of a Plunge Pool Design:
- Small plunge pools are ideally suited to maximise the limited area available in small spaces, i.e. courtyards, small backyards or front yards, side of the home
- Containing up to 20,000L worth of water (compared to a standard average pool containing 45,000L), a small plunge pool is cost effective to operate (power and chemical consumption) compared to standard pool running costs
- Alternate heating options (including gas pool heating and electric pool heating) are cost effective to run year round on a small plunge pool, delivering year-round use and the best value from your investment
- Featuring a smaller surface area than a traditional sized pool, a small plunge pool is low maintenance
- Small pools offer increased multifunctional options beyond simply being a place to plunge into on a hot summer’s day. Depending on the enhancement options, a plunge pool can be a spa in winter, a place for year round fitness, provide hydrotherapy (with the assistance of Swim Jets or even a harness for the more budget conscious) or even a stunning illuminated water feature when not in use
Plunge Pool Sizes
A plunge pool is typically any small pool up to 5 metres long and 3 metres wide. Similarly to the design, the dimensions will be determined by the small space available. Depending on the client brief, a pool smaller than 3 metres long and 1.5 metres wide can become impractical from a usability point of view.
Plunge Pool Design
The design of a plunge pool will be determined by the space available. In most cases the proposed plunge pool area won’t be a uniform shape whereby a square, rectangular or circular pool would suit. If the proposed plunge pools area is triangular in nature, a triangle plunge pool may be worth considering and is definitely achievable with the Albatross pool system. Or, if the proposed plunge pools area incorporates a boundary fence, perhaps one side of the pool could be straight whilst the others are curved to some degree resembling a b-shape plunge pool, a semi circular plunge pool or perhaps something completely freeform. The plunge pool design is virtually limitless with an Albatross swimming pool.
Whether it is a small unusual space or extremely limited access, Albatross Pools specialise in custom designed plunge pools to suit the site conditions and desired lifestyle.
To organise an obligation free quote, contact Albatross Pools. Alternatively, the Albatross Pools Display Centres are open 7 days a week for your convenience. Featuring 11 pools on display across the two locations, The Classique Courtyard Series pool is show cased at both locations measuring 5.0m in length and 2.5m in width – although The Classique is rectangular in shape, it will allow you to invisage a plunge pool of this size in your own outdoor space!