The Albatross Pool Interior
Satin smooth, non-abrasive, non-slip swimming pool interior
The pool interior of an Albatross swimming pool is an Aqualux swimming pool interior. Popular in both Australia and overseas, Aqualux is a commercial pvc membrane constructed from 0.75mm virgin vinyl. The vinyl interior is the pool finish of choice in an estimated 20,000 plus inground pools across Australia and features in the biggest pool in the world - The Crystal Lagoon at San Alfonso del Mar resort, Chile.
Key Benefits of Aqualux
- Satin smooth non-slip pool interior – will not snag swim wear or graze soft skin (babies, children and the elderly) like other pool interiors
- Virtually no routine maintenance – non reactive pool interior that has no affect on water balance and does not need to be brushed daily for the first four weeks like some other pool interiors
- Extremely tough non-porous pool interior – will not chip, peel, crack, separate, leech chemicals or blister
- UV inhibitors and anti bacterial agent – naturally immune to ‘black spot’ algae unlike some other pool interiors
- Unbelievably strong pool interior – resistant to ground movement, can stretch up to 300% and still remaining water tight compared to some other pool interiors only stretching to 4% before breaking
- Durable and thick – equivalent to 15 plus layers of pool paint
- Colour consistency – the pool interior does not present colour consistency challenges like some other pool interiors
- Multitude of pool colours – available in 14 plus pool interior colours
- 12 year pool interior warranty – one of the longest warranties offered on a pool interior compared to some others, especially those viewed as more ‘permanent’ interiors such as tile (often only 2 years) and render (ranges from 5-8 years dependent on the brand)
- Purpose design pool interior - Aqualux is the only pool interior available which has been specifically designed and engineered for swimming pools
- Made in Australia for the Australian Climate - made to order by ABGAL in Brisbane, Queensland, Aqualux is engineered to withstand the Australian UV and will not crack or fracture like some other pool interiors exposed above the pool water line.
Compare Pool Interior Options
The added benefits of an Aqualux pool interior compared to other swimming pool surfaces can be viewed in the table below.
|Smooth to touch
|Algae can adhere to grout
|Can get ‘black spot’
|Algae can adhere
to porous surface
& can be easily stained
|Won’t crack peel, flake or leach
|No effect on pool water chemistry
|Affected by the grout
|pH usually more acidic
calcium in the render
|12 year warranty
|Dependent on brand of pool
brand of pool
brand of pool
|Resistant to algae
|Large range of colours
|Cushioning step/seat options
Feel the difference of Aqualux
When you come across something unique which you may not have experienced before, it is difficult to visualise what it will look like and how will it feel. Perhaps you have swam in an Albatross Pool before featuring the Aqualux interior and couldn't tell the difference. We often find once you visit the display centres and at least stand in or swim in an Albatross display pool, you will be pleasantly surprised by the visual appeal, strength and textured grip yet satin smooth feel of the Aqualux interior. Open year round, feel the difference of Aqualux at one of the Albatross Pools Display Centres today.
* Please note, Display Centres are closed public holidays. The Dandenong Display Centre is currently closed every Tuesday and Wednesday.